Information on this page will be updated as the districts progress. You may also check the Town Board Minutes for discussion at the Board Meetings. Everyone is encouraged to attend Town Board meetings which are held on the second Monday of each month (see the website calendar) at 7:00 p.m.
Water District #2 - (Red on the map above, upper right)
Approval from the Office of the State Comptroller has been received. The next steps include district formation and bonding. This district should be put out to bid in the next couple of months.
Update 10.11.17: The resolution of the Final Order to Establish Water District #2 and the Bond resolution were both passed by the Town Board. This will allow the district to proceed toward the bond sale and bidding of the work.
Update 11.13.17: It is anticipated tha the district will be out to bid in December and awarded in January or February. Working for a January award but that will depend on the timing of the approvals from the USDA-RD (design, pre-award, and post-award). We anticipate that the low bidder for Stafford 11/Bethany 3 will be very aggressive and go after Bethany 2 so that they can be done consecutively.
Water District #3 - (Green on the map above)
This district will be going out to bid with District #2, which should be within the next couple of months.
An update will be provided when digging is scheduled for Districts 2 & 3.
Update 11.13.17: This project is out to bid with bids being opened on November 27, 2017 at 2 pm at the Stafford Town Hall. After the bids are opened a submission is made to the USDA-RD asking for permission to award. The game plan is to award on December 14, 2017, then a second submission is made to the USDA-RD to schedule the pre-construction meeting, which will most likely be after the first of the year. All water main should be installed and in service by April or May. Please note that the actual construction will take 30 days, but the contractors were given a 120 day window in order to make sure that 5 bids were received.
Proposed Water District #4 - (Red on the map above - Lower Left - portion of Creek Road and Putnam Road)
Currently working on SEQR and loan and grant funding.
Update 10.11.17: A letter of support for this district was received from the Genesee County Health Department. The Health Department performed well testing at the request of homeowners in the area finding that 25% of the wells tested did not meet the standards for potable water and are contaminated with coliform and e.coli.
Update 11.13.17: the USDA-RD pre-application will be sent in a day or two. Then it is a waiting game for the potential funding package.
Proposed Water District #5 - (Blue on the map above)
As many of you are aware, the County has made comments in recent months concerning getting public water to 70% of the residents of Bethany. The Town Board has met with county representatives to discuss these comments.
Phase II of the the county water project has taken on a form instead of words and hopes. The Town Board is currently in negotiations with Genesee County to make it a real possibility. The propoosed areas are delinieated in blue. This area will require 2 water towers and 1 pumping station.
The total cost for this project is approximately $14,000,000 with a large portion of the cost being negotiated from the county. Funding is still being negotiated therefore, a cost per unit is not known at this time.
As the details are being worked out, there will be public meeting and discussion at Town Board meetings. As noted previously, updates will be noted here as discussions progress.
Those that are in favor or opposed to the formation of the water district are encouraged to contact the Town Supervisor.
Update 10.11.17: Feed back from the public is being received indicating that residents in this area are in favor of public water.
Update 11.13.17: The current focus is on the unit count and hydraulics. The unit count is critical, as it plays into the annual debt service amount. Hydraulics includes computer modeling and will need approval from MCWA. They will dictate the actual connections needed in Stafford, tank elevations, potential tank locations and pump sizing. Once the hydraulics are approved, the estimate can be updated. The target is to have the district boundary, unit count, hydraulics and estimate done by the end of the year. This puts us into position to have a public meeting in January. Based on the public meeting, and more importantly the committment from the County for the $4.5 million, hopefully a funding application can be started in February.