To view the Resident Handbook, please click here.
PLEASE NOTE: During the Christmas and New Year weeks, the Transfer Station will be open on Wednesday, December 20th and the 27th from 4-7 pm. It will be closed on December 23 and 30. Regular hours will resume on January 6th.
TRANSFER STATION FEES & RULES
Saturday 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
(Closed if a holiday falls on a Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday)
Users will be required to bring their garbage in 30-gallon trash bags or 30-gallon trashcans.
NO LOOSE TRASH! FOUR BAGS PER HOUSEHOLD PER DAY.
Transfer Station cards will be required for use of the Transfer Station which may be purchased at the Bethany Town Clerk’s office during normal business hours or by mail.
Transfer Station Punch Cards
10 Punches $40.00
20 Punches $80.00
- Trash bags and/or cans (30 gallon capacity) $ 4.00
- Appliances (washer, dryer, stove) $ 8.00
- Furniture - must be broken into small pieces that will $ 8.00
completely fit into compactor.
- Non-stuffed chairs (Wood or Plastic) $ 4.00
- Stuffed couches, chairs, sofas, box springs $ 8.00
- Carpets (68” length or less) and mattresses $ 8.00
- Refrigerator, air conditioner, freezer - $ 20.00
Must have refrigerant drained professionally - Certificate Required
- Toilets, sinks, plumbing accessories $ 4.00
- Florescent Lamps (Must be recycled!!!!!) 8’ tubes $ 4.00(3 tubes)
All others $ 4.00(6 bulbs)
- Electronics (TVs, Computers, etc.) Not Accepted—May be taken to ARC in Batavia
Tires will be accepted for disposal all year long at the following prices:
- Car tire w/o rim $ 4.00
- Car tire with rim $ 4.00
Tires of any other size will not be accepted
All plastic, glass, tin and aluminum items must be rinsed of all food particles, exterior wrapping removed. Individuals will be charged for failure to properly rinse recyclables.
PLASTIC #1 - #5 Food, juice and laundry. Flatten plastic containers and remove all caps.
GLASS (CLEAR, GREEN, BROWN) All tops must be removed.
TIN/ALUMINUM CANS Tin & Aluminum are separated. Clean aluminum foil is accepted.
PAPER/MAGAZINES/JUNK MAIL Shredded paper must be bagged. Telephone books are
CARDBOARD Must be flattened
SCRAP METAL Check with transfer station attendant regarding scrap metal that you would like dispose of.
CONSTRUCTION MATERIAL Not Accepted
FOR USE BY TOWN OF BETHANY RESIDENTS ONLY
Decisions by the Transfer Station Operator regarding solid waste disposal are final.