TRANSFER STATION FEES & RULES
Saturday 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Please refer to the calendar for closings
Users will be required to bring their garbage in 30-gallon trash bags or 30-gallon trashcans.
NO LOOSE TRASH! FOUR BAGS PER HOUSEHOLD PER DAY.
Transfer Station cards will be required for use of the Transfer Station which may be purchased at the Bethany Town Clerk’s office during normal business hours or by mail.
Transfer Station Punch Cards
10 Punches $40.00
20 Punches $80.00
- Trash bags and/or cans (30 gallon capacity) $ 4.00
- Appliances (washer, dryer, stove) $ 8.00
- Furniture - must be broken into small pieces that will completely fit into dumpster. $8.00
- Non-stuffed chairs (Wood or Plastic) $ 4.00
- Stuffed couches, chairs, sofas, box springs $ 8.00
- Carpets (68” length or less) and mattresses $ 8.00
- Refrigerator, air conditioner, freezer - $ 20.00
- Toilets, sinks, plumbing accessories $ 4.00
- Florescent Lamps (Must be recycled!!!!!) 8’ tubes $ 4.00(3 tubes) All others $ 4.00(6 bulbs)
- Electronics (TVs, Computers, etc.) Not Accepted—May be taken to ARC in Batavia
Tires will be accepted for disposal all year long at the following prices:
- Car tire w/o rim $ 4.00 (no rims accepted)
Tires of any other size will not be accepted
ALL RECYCLABLES ARE TO BE BAGGED TOGETHER - $4.00 PER 30 GALLON BAG - ANYTHING THAT CAN BE FLATTENED, SHOULD BE and PLACED IN THE SPECIALLY MARKED DUMPSTER.
PLASTIC (Flatten plastic containers if possible), GLASS (CLEAR, GREEN, BROWN), TIN/ALUMINUM CANS, CARDBOARD (Must be flattened), paper. All food containers must be rinsed.
SCRAP METAL Check with transfer station attendant regarding scrap metal that you would like dispose of.
CONSTRUCTION MATERIAL Not Accepted.
TRANSFER STATION IS FOR USE BY TOWN OF BETHANY RESIDENTS ONLY!!!
Decisions by the Transfer Station Attendant regarding solid waste disposal are final.